I am using a SecureAjaxButton to do some business functionality. This
function throws an exception which I catch and then set an error. I then add
the feedback panel to the AjaxRequestTarget.
Unfortunately the feedback panel is always empty when I view it in the debug
window.

If I however create a new page of the same type and return it then the
messages appear. It is as if wicket ignores the fact that there is a message
in the ajax call. Does it cache the messages or have some sort of dirty flag
that is not set?

Some code snippets with details changed as it is proprietary application.

 private class PayButton extends SecureAjaxButton {

        @Override
        protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {
            target.addComponent(feedbackPanel);
            doStuff(target);

        private void doStuff(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
            try {
             info("Success");
            } catch (EJBException e) {
             error(e.getMessage());