I extended Pagingavigator and the markup for the previous (and next) button
looks like this:

Enabled state (current page > 0)

            <li class="previous-on button">
                 # Prev
            </li>

Disabled state (current page == 0)

            <li class="previous-off button">
                 # Prev
            </li>

PagingNavigator creates a link using newPagingNavigationLink and adds it on
onBeforeRender(). Since I need to vary the class name in the "li" element I
would have to place that link inside a container or a fragment; however I
cannot do that since the onBeforeRender() already adds the link to the
PagingNavigator panel, and trying to override onBeforeRender() to add the
link inside a container may not be a great idea because I still need to call
super.onBeforeRender(), and I know of no way to call
super.super.onBeforeRender()... To avoid calling super.OnBeforeRender() I
cannot just copy-paste the instructions in Component.onBeforeRender()
because onBeforeRenderChildren() is not accessible outside its package, so
there are some NASTY options:
-create my PagingNavigator subclass under the same package of Component and
use the just-mentioned approach
-Overriding onBeforeRender() and remove the just added previous and next
links
-create a whole new navigator and forget extending from PagingNavigator

But, is there a nice solution? (Wicket version: 1.4.15)