Thanks for the reply

I was also bothered about this serialization issue in wicket version 1.4.17.
Still not sure, the latest version (1.5.3) of wicket will resolve the issue
because I haven't find any migration changes statement which states about
this serialization fix @
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/CHANGELOG-1.5 *CHANGELOG* .
Please let me know, if you come across particular statement

I have already started updating wicket version to 1.5.3 stable version,
there seems to be many methods need to be updated. I will let you know the
results once I am done with complete upgrade. Meanwhile, if you have any
other suggestions...please let me know?

-----
//Maddy