Hi,

gae-initializer project provides
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gae-initializer-parent/gae-initializer/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/gae/GaeInitializer.java
which is an implementation of org.apache.wicket.IInitializer and declares it in
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gae-initializer-parent/gae-initializer/src/main/resources/wicket.properties.
That means that when gae-initializer.jar is in the classpath Wicket
will use it to initialize the Application instance.
Check the source of GaeInitializer.jar to see what exactly it configures.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Daniel Watrous <daniel.watr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working for a few days to get a wicket application going for
> Google App Engine with mixed results. I hope these questions aren't
> too noobie for this list?
>
> There are a couple of really old articles which Google brings up first:
> http://stronglytypedblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html
> http://www.danwalmsley.com/2009/04/08/apache-wicket-on-google-app-engine-for-java/
>
> I've also found this resource after digging through the wicket users
> list, but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it:
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gae-initializer-parent
>
> I'm using eclipse with the GAE plugin.
>
> So far this is what I have accomplished.
> 1) the first link above provides a download demo as an eclipse
> project. I can get this to run, but it's working with old versions
> (wicket 1.3.5, appengine sdk 1.2.0). I haven't successfully updated.
> 2) I can create a new google app engine project in eclipse. It runs
> fine and I can develop servlets.
> 3) I can user the maven build script from the quickstart to get a
> functional wicket project.
>
> I'm really struggling trying to figure out how to use the
> gae-initializer or a base GAE project from eclipse and end up with a
> functional wicket application...
>
> I'm not sure what other information to include at this point. Please
> share any pointers or links to other tutorials that might help me.
>
> Daniel

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development