This is an interesting article referring to the Linked In tech team
experience and how they are addressing using client side template..

http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2011/12/thoughts-on-ui-architectures.html
Thoughts on UI Architecture

In the above article he refers to this
https://engineering.linkedin.com/frontend/leaving-jsps-dust-moving-linkedin-dustjs-client-side-templates

So, the concept of single json/rest api interface addressing to all type of
client (full web based app, mobile version of html app, ios, android, etc).
In this case how can I write wicket components to render from jsons ? i
believe its not required since its more on the server side, direct pojos
should be fine.

But at the last he also mentions "Server-side templating should continue to
be the default choice for most web applications as it offers many benefits
like performance, security etc.".
This seemed contradicting to the full details explained.

Can any one clarify where does wicket fall in this structure and how we can
leverage both (server side templating + client side templating for mobile
apps)