Hello,
my application communicates with various erlang processes in a
background. The communication is done via AMQP messages and handling
of those messages in already done in the spring-based service layer.
Now I'm in the situation that I need wicket components to display
those messages (ideally asynchronously). I'd like Spring beans to
somehow raise events in Wicket anytime new message arrives and thus
force selected components to repaint). I cannot figure out what how to
do clear communication (from architectural point of view) between my
Spring service layer and Wicket presentation. It would be wonderful if
it was possible to somehow integrate Spring with Wicket events
introduced in 1.5. The only solution I currently think of is a polling
of the service layer, which doesn't suite my needs very well.

Thank you very much for your help.

Lukáš Šembera