You will still need client initiated requests to get your
"non-stop-updates" from the page/component to the browser. Hence, just
separate the work (which you can do continuously in your thread) from
the page rendering (which will need to be initiated by a browser request
whatever you do). Will make your live so much easier if you cleanly
separate those two tasks...