you can, for example, replace the entire listview with a single
component like this:

class workerlist extends webcomponent implements ilinklistener {

   oncomponenttagbody() {
         stringbuilder markup=new stringbuilder();
         markup.append("<table>");
         for (worker:list) {

           markup.append("<td><a
href=").append(urlfor(ilinklistener.interface)).append("&action=checkout>checkout</a></td>
      replaceComponentTAgBody(...., markup);
   }

   protected void onclick() {
       string action=getrequest().getparameter("action");
       switch (action) {....}

basically its kind of like writing a servlet, but within the scope of
a component. not pretty but works.

-igor