hello!  we are thinking of using a Spring controller to service ajax
requests for our pages built in wicket.  our frontend devs are really
wanting to keep the markup clean and uncorrupted by the injected
wicket-ajax code. i told them i would investigate an alternate way of doing
the ajax conversation.

i wanted to ask if doing the ajax conversation without using the native
wicket ajax support will cause any problems for us.  can we still use our
loadabledetachablemodels?  will we need to mount pages differently?  will
the web request cycle need to be altered to accommodate a different ajax
conversation?  i am assuming that the wicket-ajax isn't too tightly coupled
to the core wicket architecture, but i really can't say for sure.  any
insights into this would be extremely helpful.  thanks!

- jon