Hi Natalie,

> I'm finally coming up on upgrading from 1.4.19 to 1.5. To manage my projects
> better, could anybody comment on how long it took them to upgrade? I know it
> depends on how "complicated" your application is, but as a general
> guideline, does it take minutes, days, months?

It took me roughly 3 weeks to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5.  The biggest
problems to deal with were:

  (a) Pages no longer cacheable, which makes the app sluggish.  (Maybe
      this was already the case in 1.4.)

  (b) The new version numbering scheme that's exposed in the URL, ?4
      ?5, ... which looks awful if you like clean URLs.

  (c) A bug in cookie handling, which took several days to report:

My solution for (a) and (b) was to move to static pages.  This took
some time, but I think static pages bring other advantages, so it was
probably time well spent.

The top-level code is here: http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/wic/

--
Michael Allan