So I've got a problem with my sessions getting too big on AppEngine. I've
already
done some of the more obvious optimizations, but before going further, I'd like
to get some insight into how many pages are being stored in the page map and
how big they are.

I traversed down into PageStoreManager and found where the pages are serialized
in PageStoreManager.SessionEntry.writeObject() and think that I can put some
diagnostics in there to illuminate the situation.

However, I don't know how to convince GAE and/or Wicket to store the session
to persistent storage in the AppEngine development environment (or in Wicket?).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Perhaps somewhere I can read up
on the right parts of the mechanism?  I'm not even sure what keywords I should
be searching on...or if this is an AppEngine or Wicket topic...or both?

TIA!
Chris

ch...@webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services