Hi,

Here is what I did:
1) go to http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html
2) copy
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.wicket
-DarchetypeArtifactId=wicket-archetype-quickstart
-DarchetypeVersion=1.5.5 -DgroupId=com.mycompany
-DartifactId=myproject
-DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/
-DinteractiveMode=false
3) paste/run it in some folder
4) cd myproject
5) mvn jetty:run ( I use Maven 3.0.3)

All is fine here.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Dominik Sandjaja <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also just experienced this same problem. A "plain" quickstart project
> with 1.4.19 shows the expected page when accessing
> localhost:8080/myproject. Trying the same with the 1.5.5 quickstart
> results in the "Not found" message, mentioned in the first message of
> this thread. Same error with the snapshots of 1.5 and 6.0.
>
> I started the containers with mvn jetty:run in all cases.
>
> Is there a way to get the quickstart working again with 1.5 and up?
>
> Thanks
> Dominik
>
> Am Freitag, den 09.12.2011, 12:10 +0100 schrieb Martin Grigorov:
>> Hi Gabor,
>>
>> It looks like there is a difference in the configured context path.
>> I'm not sure how you start it - with mvn jetty:run or with Start.java.
>> I'd recommend you to use Start.java. It gives you much faster
>> development cycle.
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Kincses, Gabor <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > No luck with 1.5-SNAPSHOT, either, but 1.4.9. works fine.  This is the 
>> > error I'm getting:
>> >
>> > http://localhost:8080/myproject, with 1.5.3 the basic Wicket it works! 
>> > page shows up when hitting http://localhost:8080.  This doesn't happen 
>> > with 1.4.9.
>> >
>> > HTTP ERROR 404
>> > Problem accessing /myproject. Reason:
>> >
>> >    Not Found
>> >
>> > ________________________________
>> > Powered by Jetty://
>> >
>> > I have tried various combinations of mvn versions (2.2.1 vs. 3.0.3) and 
>> > OSes (Linux 2.6, MacOS Snow Leopard).
>> >
>> > Please help,
>> > Gabor
>> >
>> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
>> > For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>



-- 
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to