hi everybody,,

I'm new into the forum and i'm french so i'm begging you to excuse my
english.

I have to create a panel which contains a ListView of a mixed entity object.

A little example:

public Person implements Serializable{
 getName()
}

public Event implements Serializable{
getType()
}

public Mail implements Serializable{
getText()
}

These objects are generated by wsdl2java because my IHM layer communicate
with my business layer by web service. It's like that and I can't change the
architecture.

I would like to print something like that:

"There are 3 lines"

   colomn "Name"    --    colomn "value"
person1.getName() -- event1.getType()
person2.getName() -- mail2.getText()
person3.getName() -- event3.getType()

But every examples found are about somethings like that

ListView<Book> new Listview<Book>("id",listModel);

with Book is a persisted object from Hibernate.

My question is: Is it a good or bad practice to do that

MyPanel extends Panel{

  @SpringBean
  public TableService tableService

 public MyPanel(String id){
     super(id);

     IModel<List&lt;Line>> listModel = new AbstractReadOnlyModel(){
        getObject(){ tableService.getLines();}
     }

     List<Line> lines = (List<Line>) listModel.getObject();
     int current;
      if(lines.size() > 2){
         current = lines.size();
      }else{
         current = 0;
      }

     add(new Label("count", current);

     add(new ListView("list", listModel){
         populateItems(){
            Item item = (Line) getModel();
            add(new Label("name",item.getName());
            add(new Label("value",item..getValue());
         }
    };);

public TableauServiceImpl implements TableauService{
   public List<Line> getLines(){
      List<Line> lines = new ArrayList<Line>();
      Line line1 = new Line();
      // person and event are retrieve by others services
      line1.setName(person1.getName());
      line1.setValue(event1.getType());
      lines.add(line1);
      line2.setName(person1.getName());
      line2.setValue(mail1.gettext());
      lines.add(line2);
      return lines;

It's a stupid example but i have to do something like this. And i'm afraid
not to respect good practices presents here
(http://www.devproof.org/wicket_best_practice) and not understand something.