Hmmmmm. So I type something in field #1, tab to the field #2, start typing,
then the 1 second delay on field #1 triggers the ajax call, it refreshes the
label associated with #1 AND a select all on field #2 happens. This is not an
acceptable user interface experience.

I've upgraded to Wicket 6 beta 1 to see if the problem was in the javascript
being used, and even though there is no onchange attribute on the element
anymore (it's put there by jquery), the behavior is identical.

What confuses me is that if I do a simple onchange="javascript:alert('test');"
on any textfield, it does not trigger until the cursor leaves the textfield.