Yes, you still deal with detached entities
(LazyInitializationException, StaleStateException, last writer wins, etc).
And worse in my opinion, it makes things different when responding from the
latest page vs. a page recovered with the back button, or if another
window/tab has made an intervening request. It's this reason that I'm not a
huge fan of the optimization in the first place. It's added another layer
of complexity to a couple of debugging sessions in the past year or so.

But since suppressing detach() is so easy and exactly satisfies the
requirements, I figured it was worth mentioning with a caveat. And I do
appreciate your emphasizing the caveat. :)