Martin Grigorov-4 wrote

> Apart of that, doing manual transaction management is just silly.
> Better let the "layers" to do this for you instead of spreading such
> kind of logic all over your code.

Martin,

I have that logic at one place in my little silly application, and it's
perfect for it's goal, without config thingies, and the chance of big
changes in the future are zero. So let's not talk of that, I'll give you
another example - this time on a huge scale.
My company is, as I mentioned earlier on, a big fat insurance company. As
all other companies in this branch, we started some ten years ago with the
biggest layer of decoupling there is: a centralized SOA/ESB.
And it turned out to be an enormous fiasco, it overcomplicated things on a
huge scale and has cost millions and millions. (It did generate a lot of
interesting work for me and lots of colleagues, though.)
And now we are dismantling it, and turning back to point-to-point solutions.
As a result, things are getting more stable every day... And no, we are not
experiencing the disadvantages of the 'spaghetti' of zillions of
point-to-point connections, because there aren't so many. And yes, it's
great that we're having less and less 'scattered' functionality, like hidden
business rules in vetro-actions.
To be short: we didn't need it, and we better had not done it.

Hans