Wicket 1.4.20

Use case:  I have a rather large CheckGroup (~250 items) that is
controlling filters to include for an ad hoc reporting solution.  Because
this is so large, the group itself needs to be collapsible.  Easy enough.
 But because it's collapsible, form components in hidden areas won't be
submitted.  So these needs to be pushed to the server as soon as they are
selected.  AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior works nicely here.

The problem that I'm seeing is that there is no apparent way of knowing
which Check was "click"ed in this behavior.  As such, the only component
that seems to available to add to the AjaxRequestTarget is the CheckGroup
itself.  Even then, this isn't too bad when you're checking individual
items.

The real issue becomes apparent when you throw the CheckGroupSelector into
the mix.  This component goes down the list and calls .click() on each
checkbox.  So you get as many checkgroup refreshes as you have checkboxes.
 Definitely not a problem with typical use cases.  With an extreme use case
like mine, however; it becomes rather unwieldy.

Is it possible to determine which Check was actually clicked and only add
the necessary components to the AjaxRequestTarget to avoid getting
checkgroup postback spam?  Or is there a way that I can customize one of
these classes to somehow batch these updates, a custom CheckGroupSelector
for instance?