Remember that the code in the onClick is really just a callback.  This code
won't be executed until you have an entire listview to work with, because
the listview won't show up until it's completely rendered.  So in the link
callback, you just add the listview's container to the ajaxrequesttarget
and it happily re-rendered everything in that container.