Dear forum,
Reading the "Protecting against spam with a CAPTCHA" section on chapter 2,
Apache Wicket cookbook, I noticed that the captcha picture gets refreshed
every time one clicks on the submit button and that no AJAX is involved.

the example, uses wicket 1.4.9 but when I test the very same code on wicket
1.5 the Captcha image is not refreshed when one enters the wrong number or
when one simply clicks submit button.

Is there a way for the captcha image to be refreshed/re-rendered as it does
on the original example without using AJAX?

I haven't changed anything from the example other than having created a
wicket 1.5.7 project on Eclipse and copied over the code.
I tried using NonCachingImage instead of Image but it made no difference.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas