Hi,

without code its difficult to say what's going wrong in your project.

wicket-dnd uses normal Wicke ajax request, so you can do anything what you would do with any other ajax enabled component: change models and components.

>The way I did this is I passed the parent tabbed panel wrapped in an Model
>all the way down to the wicketDnD table cells and from there I unwrap the
>parent tabbed panel and call parentTabbedPanel.makeButtonVisible(),
>passing the AjaxRequestTarget object from the wicketDnD object.

This sounds a little bit complicated, perhaps using the new event mechanism would help to untangled this?

>Now, even calling LoadableDetachableModel.getObject() will not return updated objects from the DB.

Usually you'll have to call detach() on you LDM if you change something in the DB, e.g. add or remove a record. Are you doing this?

Hope this helps
Sven