I don't think that I am getting the session size in the right place. Despite
my session sizes being logged as very small at ~1.7kB using the Google App
Engine (GAE) web development server, in GAE production I am getting session
sizes approaching 1MB (and attempting to breach this GAE-imposed limit of
1MB too).

I shall have to try and find somewhere else to get a meaningful session
size.

Ian Marshall wrote