The pageId is for a reason in the url.
Without it Wicket doesn't know which page contains the component (in
your case the AjaxTabbedPanel) and recreates a new page instance, thus
recreates the component too and all your state is lost.

The best way to remove the pageId is to make your page stateless. But
that would mean that you cannot use Wicket Ajax in this page, i.e. you
need to use TabbedPanel instead.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM, sardo <mark.willi...@power-oasis.com> wrote:

> Good shout Martin that is the problem. I changed it to the following and now
> it's working:
>
> mountPage("/home",      HomePage.class);
>
> You know what's coming next don't you...I've now changed the behavior of the
> url so it's now:
>
> http://localhost:8080/myApp/home?3
>
> Am I stuck with this or is there a way to remove the version bits from the
> url?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development