On Monday 30 July 2012 18:18:46 Pierre Goiffon wrote:
> But one more question though : why rendering wicket:head (in the markup
> file) contributions before renderHead() (in the java file) contributions ?
> Seems to me that what you'll put in wicket:head will certainly be some
> king of static code, like the css in my problem (so like this :
> .myclass{ padding: 0;} or $(document).ready(function(){
> $("#login").focus();});). This code could need some library (JQuery for
> exemple), and you'll serve that resource using a ResourceReference so
> using renderHead() right ? If wicket:head is served before renderHead()
> then you'll have a problem...

With these things you just have to make a decision. Both orders are equally
valid. You use wicket:head for minor adjustments in styling, others use
wicket:head to contribute the css files and do the adjustments in renderHead.
The idea was, that with this order, it is always possible to override any
static wicket:head contribution from the Java code. Personally, I try to avoid
wicket:head as much as possible and render everything from renderHead. This
gives you the most flexibility.

Best regards,
Emond