Thanks for your response, Martin ...

I have tried to tweak things a bit, replace the Link by an AjaxLink,
overrode internal methods and did some things things.

The fb login button as well as the link to me admin area belong to a panel.
The fb login button fires an async call to fb.

The link is always visible on first page rendering.
The link is always disabled after response from fb.

This must be related to the Panel where both components reside in.
No matter if the fb button is a simple Link or an AjaxLink, the callback
from fb somehow disables the link within the panel.

An outside of the Panel located Link is not disabled.

Any hint why this happens or any links to docs that explain this behavior
are much appreciated ..

Regards

Thorsten