Hi

I'm having some trouble porting a 1.4 application to 1.5 since we're using our own subclass of a StringResourceModel implementing load() in a special way. However, in some cases this does not work as our subclass might get wrapped in a AssignmentWrapper and since we do not provide the component instance (since it's not relevant for this model), load() is never called on our model but instead the load() method of the AssignmentWrapper calls the private getString() directly.

I don't see why a model should behave so differently whether it knows its component or not, and where's the point to do something like:
label = new Label("id");
model=new OurStringResourceModel(..., label);
label.setDefaultModel(model);

just to have load() called on our own model?

Could someone with some insight shed some light on it?

Thanks

Matt