Hi,

(Using Wicket 6.0-SNAPSHOT, or 1.5.7)

I found a strange behavior when calling Page#isPageStateless(). I have a simple label in my personal wicket debug bar which displays "stateless" when a page is stateless. It works like so:

new WebMarkupContainer("statelessMarker") {
    @Override
    protected void onConfigure() {
        super.onConfigure();
        setVisible(getPage().isPageStateless());
    }
};

This worked great until I got by chance a page which was stateless except for ajax links which were children of a repeater. Here is what happens then: 1) onConfigure() is called which calls isPageStateless() and determines the page is stateless 2) onBeforeRender() is executed which populates the repeaters and adds stateful components to the tree
3) Since the page was determined stateless in 1), it stays that way
4) stateful ajax callback links do not work on the page

Therefore, it seems that isPageStateless() should never be called before onBeforeRender() is executed or mayhem may ensue. However, after cursory inspection of callers of isPageStateless(), it looks like that is not always the case so I'm not certain.

Should this be considered a bug? Should an assertion be made in isPageStateless() that onBeforeRender() was executed?

Regards,
Bertrand