Hi there,

I'm not really sure if searching a component by its ID is a good idea - It
kinda' breaks modularity and goes against the OO approach.

I have never searched a component by its ID but assuming you need the full
path (hierarchy) to it, such component will be hard to use in any other
context because you harcoded the path to that component.

Whenever I need to get access to a component I simply store it in a Map or
component List for later search and/or use.

Best regards
nuno