I think there's a bug with class WebApplication which doesn't create a MultipartServletWebRequestImpl when the original request is multipart. In the meantime a possible workaround is to override method newWebRequest of your application class and put the following code inside it:

{
ServletWebRequest newWebRequest = new ServletWebRequest(servletRequest, filterPath);
        String contentType = servletRequest.getContentType();

        if (!Strings.isEmpty(contentType) &&
contentType.toLowerCase().contains("multipart/form-data"))
        {
            try
            {
                return newWebRequest.newMultipartWebRequest(
getApplicationSettings().getDefaultMaximumUploadSize(), "externalForm");
            }
            catch (FileUploadException e)
            {
                throw new RuntimeException(e);

        return newWebRequest;
    }

this should solve your problem with post parameters.
Thanks for your replies:

This is my plain html code:

  <form action="/upload" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
             <input type="text" name="id"/>
             <input type="file" name="file"/>
             <input type="submit" value="ab dafür"/>
         </form>

This is my Wicket class:

public class UploadPage extends WebPage {

     final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(getClass());

     public UploadPage() {
for(String str :
getRequest().getRequestParameters().getParameterNames()){
            LOG.debug("==> " + str);

I cannot read a single param.

Pls. keep in mind:
The form is NO wicket form as I try to simulate an external access to my
page.

Thanks for your help