On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Ondrej Zizka <ozi...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks. I set
> this.getPageSettings().setRecreateMountedPagesAfterExpiry(false); in the
> app class.
> But, to my previous point:
>
> The page is mounted and reached with all the necessary data (to get the
> entity).
> But on AjaxEditableLabel interaction, the page is created with empty
> PageParameters.
>
>    Last cause: No entity found for query
>
>    WicketMessage: Can't instantiate page using constructor 'public
> org.jboss.essc.web.pages.ReleasePage(org.apache.wicket.request.mapper.parameter.PageParameters)'
>    and argument ''. Might be it doesn't exist, may be it is not visible
> (public).
>

> Is there a mechanism to let the page be re-created with the original
> PageParameters?
> Maybe they could be kept within JS of the page and sent with the AJAX
> request?  That would probably need a change in Wicket's AJAX code.
> (Wicket 1.5)

That was the case until recently but there was no way to differentiate
between original page parameters and custom request parameters for the
Ajax request itself. So we took the safest way by dropping all
parameters when a page is being auto-recreated.

> And also, this brings me to other question - how can I control session
> programatically? I have seen some pages, old ones, and mostly they do a
> timer-based ajax request on a page to keep the session alive.
> Is that a best practice?  (Assuming I want to keep the session short for
> other pages).

I am not aware of another way to do this.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend