From: Eric Jablow [mailto:erjab...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:10 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Validation with component not required

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
> <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
>> Hello Sven,
>>
>> I ran some tests and in the tests everything is working. But when I
>> run the application it does not.
>>

>> // This is the offending code.
>>
>>                 fijo = new TextField<String>("telefono");
>>                 fijo.setConvertEmptyInputStringToNull(false);
>
> Why do you call #setConvertEmptyInputStringToNull(false) ?
> Remove that line and try again.

This leads to an interesting question: what is the best way to
internationalize a validation? Not its messages, but the validation itself?
For example, US postal codes match  the regular expression /\d{5}(-\d{4})?/.
and Canadian psotal codes match /[A-Z]\d[A-Z] \d[A-Z]\d/. NANP phone numbers
match /\d{10}/ with optional hyphens, parentheses, and dots. Other counrties
have their own systems. How do you create a locale-aware Wicket validator?

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow