There was a response from Maxim from OpenMeetings team, but
users@wicket.apache.org was not in CC:

<copy>
Hello Martin,

I have modified the code and have removed AjaxDownloader (since it is not
really necessary).
NullPointerException somehow happens while post parameters parsing
(getCallbackURL) is not working anymore.

I believe this is somehow connected with custom HomePageMapper

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/src/org/apache/openmeetings/web/app/Application.java?revision=1384647&view=markup

line 62 and below.
Maybe you can help me with this?

I have added HomePageMapper to implement "single page application" and
remove all URL parameters automaticatilly being added by Wicket.

Thanks in advance

</copy>

Hi Maxim,

The NullPointerException is while Wicket tries to read the POST
parameters. The request mappers manipulate only the GET parameters, so
I think it is not related.
I've just checked Jetty 7.6.3 sources and they return String[0] so it
should be OK in this particular version of Jetty. But I'll add the
check anyway with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4818