Hello,

I was looking to some code and googling around but cannot find a
suitable solution for my problem.

I have an AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior that I'm implemented the function
respond(AjaxRequestTarget target) like this

---
        @Override
        protected void respond(AjaxRequestTarget target) {

                JsonChoiceRenderer<T> jsonRenderer = new
JsonChoiceRenderer<T>(getChoices());

target.appendJavaScript(jsonRenderer.renderJsonArray(getComponent(),
getRenderer()));

        }

---

But this is not a JSON response when it is called from javascript. I
want to respond with an application/json response.

I saw something like:

  RequestCycle requestCycle = RequestCycle.get();
  requestCycle.getResponse().setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
        requestCycle.getResponse().setContentType("application/json;");

But it means that I have to override the final void onRequest() of the
AbstractAjaxBehavior class, but this is final so I cannot.

What's the best way to do it with newer versions of wicket?

Thank you a lot in advance.