You should try Session.get().getLocale(). By default Session returns the locale of the underlying HttpServletRequest.
How can I know the country of the user that is connected to my wicket page?

I only suppose to check the IP address with:

String ipAddress = ((ServletWebRequest)
RequestCycle.get().getRequest()).getContainerRequest().getRemoteHost();

And than with command line whois check the country

whois 109.113.243.xx |grep -E 'country|Country'

or use a free database:

http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geolite.

If you know some wicket library, or better way, please tell me.