This is most likely caused by incorrect escaping, which might be a bug in
Wicket or Wicket-Atmosphere. Can you try to create a quickstart to demonstrate
the problem and file a Jira ticket? You can use the example application at
https://github.com/papegaaij/wicket-atmosphere-quickstart

Best regards,
Emond