I didn't write an article on tree components yet :) , but I've built a very basic example for NestedTree. The code is quite simple and it uses both nodes and model from Swing package (like the old Tree component). You can find it here:

https://github.com/bitstorm/Wicket-tutorial-examples/tree/master/CheckBoxAjaxTree