On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Chris Colman
> <chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> >starting with wicket 1.5, however, components are able to resole their
>> >markup earlier in their lifecycle. the reason auto resolved components
>> >are added so late and treated specially was because the markup was
>> >only available during render.  if you are using 1.5 or 6 you can build
>> >your own mechanism. something that kicks off a page/panel's
>> >oninitialize(), gets the markup, walks it, and adds any components -
>>
>> Would it be walking the markup as raw XHTML or will parsed element
>> objects be available at this point?
>>

> You have to use #getMarkup() or #getAssociatedMarkup(), so the result is
> already parsed (IMarkupFragment).
>

>> If it walks the markup will Wicket also be walking it at some time later
>> as well, kind of duplicating the markup walking process?
>>

> Wicket walks the markup of the whole page for every render of the page.
> In Ajax requests only the markup of the repainted components is traversed.
>

>> >maybe ones you mark by special tags in your own namespace. the problem
>> >here is that even if you can find these components you may still not
>> >be able to put them into the right parent because in onInitialize()
>> >the parent may not yet be added to the container. so perhaps you
>>

> I think this is not correct. In #onInitialize() you have access to the
> markup of the current component and access to the Page instance, i.e. you
> have access to all parents between the current component and the Page
> instance.

it is correct. i am not talking about the component on which
onInitialize() is being called... suppose you have a page that
implements the mechanism and your markup is like this:

what i meant is that inside the page's onInitialize() the component
"foo" may not have yet been added so the wicket:something component
cannot be properly put into it....

in this case the page's subclass' onInitialize() may add "foo" or
onConfigure() can add "foo" or some other component if the hierarchy
is deeper.

-igor