Why use a blob rather than a text/longtext field?

Sandor Feher wrote:
Hi,

I use tinymce as editor, storing the content in a blob field and intro in a
varchar2 field. At my showcontent page I dig this out and display like this:

add(new Label("cikk",new Model(c.getIntro())).setEscapeModelStrings(false));

add(new Label("cikk",new Model(new
String(c.getFullArticle()))).setEscapeModelStrings(false));

My showpage.html snippet:
So the problem is if I insert some images belong to tinymce component e.g.
emoticons they get broken.
If I put them into intro then it works fine but if i do it the same  into
the content (which is blob) then they get broken.

thnx., Sandor