Hi Chris,

I think all this is actually related to ModalWindow, not to Form.
You don't close the Form, you close the ModalWindow.
ModalWindow#close() accepts AjaxRequestTarget (ART) so it is clear that it
needs to be in Ajax request, no ?
The form is just a component in the ModalWindow. With or without a form
inside it the ModalWindow needs ART.