Hi all,

I've really banged my head with this problem for some time now, and
hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a base popup class which is extended from ModalWindow. Most actions
requires some sort of visual response to the user that actions are taking
place so this popup class holds switchable panels where one is the content
panel and one a progressbar panel.

The idea was to send in whatever content is needed for an action and then
start the progressbar. This has worked very well based upon the wicketstuff
progressbar and their taskservice running on Wicket 1.4.20.

It was time to upgrade Wicket and I did so to 6.3 via 1.5.9. Unfortunately I
never tested this exact functionality when the port to 1.5.9 was completed
so I can't say whether it worked or not in 1.5.9. With Wicket 6.3 it doesn't
work. The popup is displayed fine and the task gets going as expected, but
then when the AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior of the progressbar finishes
things break apart with a WicketRuntimeException saying there's no page
found for the component (the panel holding the progressbar in the base popup
class).

We end up in the getPage() function of the Component class via several
function calls in AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior, AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior and
AbstractAjaxBehavior. It all starts off with the AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior's
respond() and getJsTimeoutCall() functions, and eventually the
AbstractAjaxBehavior's getCallbackUrl() function is called which takes us to
the getPage() function, and once there the panel, holding the progressbar in
the popup class, is not attached to a page and I can't figure out why.

I realize a lot has happened in Wicket since 1.4.20, especially in Wicket 6
and the new jQuery back-end and I was hoping someone could give me some
pointers where I should start looking when it comes to these types of
problems with ajax updates.

Thanks.

-HÃ¥kan