I finally got some time to test a few combinations:

- onchange for panel, getRawInput() = null
- onblur for panel = event never fires

- onchange for field, getRawInput() = null
- onchange for field, getModelObject() = null

- same combinations as above but with AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior;
always null

So just about all combinations still seem to only return null :-(

I put the code for my FormComponentPanel up on pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/AMvYbv2B

Any insight would be great.

Thanks...

Bill-