Hi,

I'm trying to revive Wicket Portlets support and I'm running into a small issue. For Liferay i've got my old 1.4 portlets working 90% with Wicket 6 but I'm hitting a small problem with the UrlRenderer and WebServletResponse

WebServletResponse does an optimization for tomcat in the sendRedirect method. it strips the "./" from the url. However in the case of portlet this causes a endless loop in some scenarios. Would it be possible to put this "optimization" in the UrlRenderer? So that we can choose to override this by providing a custom PortletUrlRenderer.

While digging into this I also came a cross another thing.
WebServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(url) uses "new UrlRenderer(webRequest)" while WebServletResponse. encodeUrl(url) uses the RequestCycle.get().getUrlRenderer(). Why doesn't WebServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(url) use RequestCycle.get().getUrlRenderer(). As this last method gives the custom UrlRenderer back that we use in the PortletRequestCylce instead of just the default.

Kind regard

Thijs