On 02/04/2013 02:05 PM, Philippe Demaison wrote:
What needs to be improved to get a wider adoption of Wicket ?

That is probably the most relevant subject IMHO.

FWIW, a largely disruptive factor is a new but increasingly important business/deployment model, that of the cross-domain, embedded client-side app.

Imagine you have an webapp that does XYZ and you offer that as a service. You may want to allow your clients to embed this functionality using Ajax+JSONP+cross domain (VS an iframe), i.e. embed your app by offering a pure javascript client. That's what I'm currently missing from wicket. This actually forces me to largely rewrite app by exposing REST interfaces and patching up a REST javascript client from scratch using something like backbone.js.

Just my 0.25.

Manos