Hi,

I'm not sure whether there is a specific reason why this method is not in
the API.
Maybe just because no one needed/noticed it.
Maybe there is something wrong in it which I don't see at the moment.
Anyway create a ticket for improvement.

Yet another way is to use IComponentInializationListener that assigns the
behavior when the component is being initialized.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend