In most cases I want to simulate a user typing something in and selecting one
of the offered choices. Afterwards I'd also like to submit the form and check
if the model object of the Select2Choice field contains the right value,
respectively I want to be able to submit the form if a Select2Choice field is a
required field.

Up to now it always failes because the model object is null. Just a simple
example test case would be nice that shows how to test Select2Choice fields in
a form.