ok, didn't know that you use wicket:head. By default components are visited
child-first and wicket:head before code contribution.

order should be something like that:

 1. child component wicket:head
 2. child component renderHead
 3. Page wicket:head
 4. Page renderHead

You can manipulate order by using FilteredHeaderItem. Here's a javascript
example, but it works with css too.

https://github.com/martin-g/blogs/tree/master/wicket6-resource-management/src/main/java/com/wicketinaction/resourcemanagement/positioning