I wrote a checkboxmultiple choice that looks like the following:

CheckBoxMultipleChoice<FilterValue> forfTypes =
  new CheckBoxMultipleChoice<FilterValue>(
        "forfeitureTypes",
        lookupService.fetchFilterValuesByFilterName("Forfeiture Type"),
        new ChoiceRenderer<FilterValue>("filterValueDecode"));

This works great.  Then i want to modify it to set the initial values from
the model which is a List<FilterValue>.  But I can't seem to figure out how
to add this as the second parameter.  The javadoc says it takes a model of
collections of T, which since T is FilterValue objects, it should take new
Model<List&lt;FilterValue>>(myList), right?  Well, it doesn't.  That scores
me a compile error saying that I should remove a parameter to match some
other constructor.

I can make it compile by using PropertyModel<List&lt;FilterValue>>(myList,
"filterDecode"), but then you get the obvious runtime error because
filterDecode is not a property of a List.

Models are easily the most confuing part of Wicket to me, especially when
one graduates above the simplest scenarios.  What am i doing wrong here?