Francois/ Martin,

>> Call the method component's setOutputMarkupId(true);
>> feedbackPanel.setOutputMarkupId(true);

I know what the issue is... I'm expressing an issue with the way the error is
reported... An error reporting system shouldn't cause errors when reporting
errors...! :)

(Actually - the particular components *do* have setOutputMarkupId set to true -
there is a another issue where they are being updated - several times - from
different places, simultaneously. But that isn't important.)

>> The best way is to fix the errors so there is no activity in the debug
>> window at all ;-) A workaround is to monkey-patch
>> Wicket.Ajax.DebugWindow.logError()
function. You can re-assign it so anything that fits your needs.
>> I think we can improve this by throttling the animations. I.e. they will be
>> executed only once Nms after the last error log.

Yeah - that's kinda what I was thinking. Which each ajax response, the
animations should only execute once, not cumulatively per error received.

We have huge forms with many 'framework' components. When refactoring these
components, and consequently causing errors, bucket loads of Ajax errors can
potentially be raised. And they are difficult and frustrating to fix with an
overly enthusiastic dancing debug window...! I'm thankful it doesn't come with
sound effects... ;)

Cheers,
Col.