Hi,

Just to answer... your answer: the ACTF can work either with String type or
beans. Sure, the user enters a String but the ACTF is using the internal
converter (the class type should have been provided in the ctor) to
retrieve the bean reference back (from the previous choice list).

About your use case, I think Igor's wicket-select2 is the best choice...

Best regards,
Sebastien.