Hello,

I have action links which I want to transform to POST actions since they can have side-effects on the database. (See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/679013/get-vs-post-best-practices) My understanding is that this is only possible with either javascript or forms.

I decided (for now) to use forms since they're more accessible and easier to do while keeping the page stateless. I was hoping to use markup like so:
<form action="." method="post">
    <button wicket:id="doIt">do it!</button>
</form>

Note that there is only a Button component and no Form. Since the form contains only the button, I'd really like to omit it from the component hierarchy to keep things simple. Is this possible? I can't get my Buttons onSubmit() method called... One part of the problem is that the "action" attribute gets changed automatically by Wicket to a relative path to the application context root.

Or is there another better way to achieve POSTing in Wicket?

Regards,
Bertrand