Hi!

I'm wondering what's the recommended way to store a unpersisted object while it is edited (I'm using EJBs with JPA as backend).

Let's imagine I want to build a customer editor which should be able to handle editing of new (unpersisted) and existing (persisted) customers.

If I use a loadable detachable model to load the customer from the backed, all unpersisted changes between requests are lost - not really desirable. If I use a simple model which stores the entity in serialized form my sessions are growing and in addition I've to handle entity refreshing if a user navigates back to the page by using the browser's back button to prevent the user from saving an old entity state.

Best solution I can imagine would be if there would be a callback or overridable method which is called when the user navigates to a page and another one which is called when the user leaves a page. Those methods would be great to prepare and cleanup models. Are there such methods?

Is there any recommended way to store entities in wicket while they are edited?

Kind Regards,
     Christian Reiter

--

Christian Reiter        |||     c.rei...@gmx.net